Zeskamp is a competition between the 6 Dutch colonies that are established in Brazil.
It proposal is to promote the integration between the Dutch descendants
that are living in Brazil, and to keep alive the traditions of the Holland culture.
The six colonies are:
Arapoti (PR)
Carambeí (PR)
Castrolanda (PR)
Holambra I (SP)
Holambra II (SP)
Não Me Toque (RS)
The first Zeskamp took place in 1976 in Holambra I, and since then it
take place in one of the cities every month of july
Many kind of sports are played, such as soccer, indoor soccer, volleyball and
tennis. there is a big party every night, and things to do all over the day for
young and old people.
The last one was in Castroland (PR) and the next one wil be in Carambei (PR).
I love it! You should try to go there the next winter too!
Soccer game between Castolanda and Holambra I. (Castolanda/PR)
Hey.. I'd never heard of it before, but it must be quite an event!
ResponderExcluirIs it open to non-Dutch people? Keep us posted about it! I think I'd love to go!
Great post!